Thursday, October 18, 2007

I didn't manage to do any run on last Sunday (I woke up late). And Tuesday CBD was cancelled last minute due to thunderous rain.

I wanted to make up the shortage of mileage with a home to office run yesterday morning, but I stopped myself after 1.5km into the run. I realised that I need to help fetch my oldest child and my wife to Bukit Batok Keming Primary school for my oldest child to take a gifted-programme selection test. So I u-turn and bought breakfast for them instead. Another reason is that my hip (front left area) has slight discomfort that gives me pause. Luckily I drove to work because I realised I also didn't leave all my work stuff at the office to faciliate the run to office. Phew. So it was not meant to be.

Yesterday night, I prepared all the stuff for the run. This morning, I woke up at 5:40am, went out the door at 6:08am. First 8km, I felt my heart pumped with more effort and I was slightly breathless, kind of worrying. Fortunately, the heart rate slowed down a little and I ran comfortably even past the area where I usually get demoralised (the Upper Pierce reservoir area). I managed to do 18km until 8:05am, and I realised I still need to catch a bus in order to get to work on time (but I'm getting further each of the three times in two months that I did this run from home to office).

Next Thursday, hopefully I can do 24km all at one go, but I have to start off from my flat at 5:40am latest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home